In order to get this fiesta fired up, you'll need a Crockpot, I'm re-creating my Juicy Baked Chicken Method, without the need to turn on the oven, because despite the temperature outside, turning on my oven heats the whole apartment up to the point that I feel like I'M the one baking in the oven and not the chicken.
This recipe is versatile, and can be used with:
- 2-4 Breasts (using more, increase seasoning amount)
- Defrosted or even Semi-Frozen Breasts
The state and amount of chicken will determine your exact cook time!
4 Chicken Breasts (Defrosted or Semi-Frozen)
Taco Seasoning* (GF Certified or D.I.Y.)
1-2 Cups Water
1. Spray bottom of crockpot with oil
(to prevent chicken from sticking and burning)
2. Pour in 1 Cup Water
3. Add Chicken Breasts
4. Add Taco Seasoning, topping chicken breasts, then stir the surrounding water
5. If Chicken Breasts are not at least halfway covered with water, add an additional cup of water
6. Cook on low 4-6 hours, depending on how many chicken breasts you have, and the strength of your crockpot, you will know better than I do!
7. With one hour left of cooking, use a fork to shred the chicken, and let it cook one more hour marinating in the juices
NOW you have a few options:
- Eat immediately as Shredded Chicken Tacos, Taco Bowl, Taco Salad
- Let cool, put into tupperware to create Taco Meals/Bowls/Salads through out the week
- Let cool, put in a Freezer Bag and FREEZE, to defrost and eat at a later date
MAKE YOUR OWN OR ONLY BUY LABELED GLUTEN FREE BRANDS such as Simply Organic or McCormick! Brands that are not labeled as gluten free and do not contain gluten ingredients are typically not labeled due to issues of cross contamination. Read more here!