Crockpot Meal Prep Chicken
Semi Defrosted Chicken Breasts
1.5 Cups Water
1. Spray bottom of crockpot with oil
(to prevent chicken from sticking and burning)
2. Pour in 1 Cup Water
3. Add Chicken Breasts
4. Add Garlic Powder & Pepper, topping chicken breasts,
then stir the surrounding water
5. If Chicken Breasts are not at least halfway covered with water, add an additional half cup of water
6. Cook on low 4-6 hours, depending on how many chicken breasts you have, and the strength of your crockpot, you will know better than I do!
Use a fork or this Pampered Chef gadget to shred the chicken, let it cool while marinating in the juices
Leave Chicken as whole breasts/cut intro strips
Personally, I shred the chicken, let it cool, then store it, juices and all in containers.
THEN through out the week, I add sauces, vegetables, or spices, to my shredded chicken to make meals! By prepping the meat "plain" or "basic" as I like to call it, you give yourself more options through out the week to incorporate variety and satisfy whatever craving your body calls for that day!
- Use Chicken Broth/Chicken Stock instead of water - Make sure it is GF
- Switch this idea up with a variety of spices, use your favorites!
- Italian Seasoning, Oregano, Basil, Crushed Red Pepper
- Chili Powder
Ideas for Chicken
- Do you bulk cook your meats?
- Crockpot lover, yay or nay?
- What's your go to meal when you're pressed for time?