(Exhibit A to the right)
This "crouch and crunch" method works fine when I'm home but if I'm out and about, I need a snack that is portable and protein packed to keep me satisfied. Snacking has been shown to keep metabolism revving and energy levels high, which means with a healthy snack in tow, you can take on whatever the day throws your way until you can make it to the dinner table.
I typically eat my meals around the same times every day but the holiday season often throws me off my usual routine, leaving me ravenous at times between means. In order to prevent a case of the hangries,
I have my Top 5 On-The-Go Healthy Snacks to keep me fueled and feeling like myself.
(for those moments when grilled chicken in your purse just isn't appropriate ;] )
- About Time Paleo Bars - Chocolate Brownie - Use AMBER25 for 25% off Discount
- About Time Prohydrate - Orange Mango -Use AMBER25 for 25% off Discount
- LARA ALT Bars - 10 grams of protein from PEAS :)
- NuGo Dark Chocolate Chip Nutrition Bar
- Munch & Crunch to Go Container (rolled up cold cut/cooked protein, apple + cut up veggies)
Apples are FULL of health benefits - read 34 reasons to crunch on one here
And for those of you who experience a snack attack, especially a sweet tooth one while at home, here are a few more of my favorite healthy and quick snacks that you can whip up before you run out the door or to keep you satiated between meals.
Healthy & Minimal Ingredient Snacks that are EASY to make:
- What's your GO TO, On-The-Go snack?
- What's your take on bars? I love my few tried and true!
- What's on your plate for this "seasons eatings" ?
- Any other snacks you just can't live without that help you survive the hangries?