And WHILE you're enjoying this dip, check out this article on ALL the health benefits of apples.http://www.well-beingsecrets.com/apples-health-benefits/
Don't get me wrong, apples alone are delicious! They are one of my favorite crunchy go to snacks but they lack protein! And by now, you should all know how I feel about protein. This dip is something I whip up when I want to pump up the protein content of my snack and enjoy something on the sweeter side. You've been warned though, it is addicting! I find myself licking the bowl clean even once the apple slices, (or in my case, apple nibbles) are gone.....
This is one of my "no need to measure" recipes, which means, I put whatever amount of each ingredient I feel like into the bowl, mix and enjoy! A taste test always ensures I've added the right amount of each, if not, I sprinkle a little more of whatever is missing!
My recipe calls for PB2, but you can make it with regular peanut butter, just keep in mind the consistency will be thicker and your snack will have a higher fat content (but no worries, peanut butter is a healthy fat!)
6 oz Greek Yogurt (plain or vanilla, I used a mini container of plain)
2 spoonfuls of PB2
A heavy sprinkling of cinnamon
1 spoonful of honey (plus an extra squeeze after tasting)
1. Empty yogurt container into a bowl, believe me, keeping it in the container doesn't allow you to mix it all up adequately
2. Add PB2, cinnamon, and honey, mix well!
3. Taste test, adjust if necessary
4. Slice your apple, dip and enjoy!
- I actually cut my apples into mini pieces, like the above photo and then eat this like a "cereal". Sometimes I even add almonds, rice chex, or granola if I want it to be a heartier snack
- Add a scoop of vanilla protein powder and you have a perfect post workout snack
- Make round slices of apple, spread this in between two and have a "sandwich"