This "cookie" is dense, and a bit on the dry side, so you could tweak the ingredients by adding in greek yogurt, apple sauce, or pumpkin to moisten it up, but served with a glass of milk (lactaid for me!) and enough chocolate chips inside, the cookie to chip ratio combatted any dryness.
Protein Mug Cake Chocolate Chip Cookie
1 Scoop Peanut Butter About Time Protein Powder (gives it a cookie flavor base, can use any flavor)
1/2 tsp. Baking Powder
2 splashes of Milk* - use enough so the batter forms into a paste
Chocolate Chips/Enjoy Life Dairy Free Chocolate Chunks
Optional Add Ins
Stevia/Sweetener to Taste
1 Tablespoon PB2 (Powdered Peanut Butter)
1 Tablespoon Cocoa Powder
1. Add dry ingredients (optional add ins included) to a mug or small bowl
2. Add in milk, or other wet ingredients until it becomes a paste - this took me about two splashes worth
3. Add in a handful of chips - push them down to evenly spread them out
4. Microwave for 20 seconds, the "cake" will RISE, when it is just about to come over the sides of your mug bowl, STOP the microwave, pat the "cake" if it is still liquidy then microwave in 5 second intervals, but BE CAREFUL - YOU CAN OVERCOOK IT, THEN IT WILL BE GROSS :)
5. Plop onto a plate and enjoy!
- You can use WHATEVER Protein Flavor you want as your cookie base to switch up the flavors
- This can be made with any milk alternative that suits your dietary needs
- As stated above, this is on the DRY side, it is NOT a moist cookie nor am I going to lie to you and tell you it tastes just like a soft and chewy chips ahoy, but it takes less than five minutes and five ingredients to make, satisfies a craving AND fills you up, double win in my book! To make it more moist, play with the ingredient ratios and try adding: applesauce, greek yogurt, or pumpkin puree
- Top with Wink or Ice Cream of your Choice
- Drizzle with any of my healthy and easy topping ideas:
- Chocolate Mousse
- Peanut Butter Protein Sauce
- Chocolate Pudding/Freezer Fudge (Dairy Free!)
- Vanilla Cinnamon Almond Butter
- Are you a baker? Or a short cut taker like me?
- Favorite flavor of cookie?
- Have you hopped on the mug cake/beltsanderbrownie train yet?