There is a lack of Celiac Safe Taco Seasoning and the only one I could find contained milk, so I started making my own, except the spice blend was irritating my IBS, so I stopped all together and relied on toppings to make my plain ground turkey have a taco flair.
Except it wasn't the same.
And I missed guacamole. (Silly FODMAPs)
SO, I CREATED THIS:
Creamy, protein packed, and full of taco flavor with only four ingredients. Using greek yogurt instead of sour cream packs this dip with protein!
Use this as a dip for chips, or as a condiment for your tacos!
Depending on your taste preferences and amount you want to make you can use more or less of the ingredients below.
Easy Protein Packed Taco Dip
1 small container of Plain Fat Free Greek Yogurt (5.3 oz)
1.5 Tablespoons Tomato Paste
2 Shakes of Chili Powder
1-2 Shakes of Cumin
1. In a small bowl or the actual yogurt container, add in tomato paste, stir and taste. You want there to be more tomato flavor than yogurt
2. Add in chili powder and cumin, taste, adjust seasoning if necessary
- Use as a dip for tortilla chips, cut up peppers, snap peas, other raw veggies
- Use as the base layer for a dip, top with tomatoes, lettuce and cheese like this
- Mix your ground turkey with this or top your ground turkey tacos with this as a fiesta of flavor and guacamole substitute.
- Mix in with shredded chicken for chicken tacos
- Adjust the amount of ingredients used, depending on how much dip or sauce you want
- Extra dip can be refrigerated and saved in an airtight container for up to five days
- Greek Yogurt pumps up the protein content of this, but sour cream could be used i you can tolerate it
- Which way would you use this as? A chip dip or taco topping?
- What is your favorite taco topping?
- Do you love things with a creamy texture?
- Greek Yogurt as a substitute for recipes? Yay or Nay?