This dish is a fiesta of flavors IN YOUR MOUTH. I love Mexican food, and when I say that, I really mean...I love eating ground turkey tacos with all the fixings since most Mexican restaurants:
- don't carry Go Veggie cheese
- use Greek yogurt as sour cream
- their gluten free credibility is often questionable...
SO, my love of Mexican is often contained to my own kitchen but that is where getting creative comes into play!
Cilantro & Lime Fiesta Chicken
2 Chicken Breasts Defrosted
Wegmans Cilantro and Lime Marinade* see notes below for other options
Cooked Quinoa or Brown Rice
Aluminum Foil - One for Each Breast
Your Favorite "Fixings" for Mexican!
1. Pre-heat oven to 360 degrees (following Juicy Baked Chicken method of cooking)
2. Create an aluminum foil pouch for each chicken breast in the baking dish
3. Pour some marinade on the bottom of the pouch, place in chicken, pour over with additional marinade
4. Seal aluminum foil tightly
5. Bake chicken for 20-25 minutes, or until no longer pink
6. Once chicken is fully cooked, open up sealed pouch, BE CAREFUL OF THE STEAM
7. Shred the chicken using two forks
6. Top your "burrito bowl" base of rice/quinoa with shredded chicken and your favorite fixings!
WHILE chicken is baking, prep your "fix ins"
1. Cook quinoa or brown rice
2. Slice and cut up any fresh veggies
3. Mash avocado
4. Cook any additional veggies/beans
THE FILLINGS - pick and choose whatever YOU like, I starred my favorites!
Go Veggie Lactose Free Rice Style Cheddar Shreds*
Plain Greek Yogurt* (Sour Cream Swapportunity)
Beans of any Variety
-*If you aren't fortunate enough to find a premade Cilantro and Lime Marinade, you can create your own marinade using cilantro and lime juice with garlic OR there are some seasonings out there, such as True Lime that are a Cilantro, Lime and Garlic Blend
- This bowl can be created with grilled chicken or skillet cooked chicken as well, but the Baked Chicken in the marinade yields the juiciest results!