The freezer has become my best friend since my diagnosis of Celiac Disease.
Not only does it give prepped food a MUCH longer shelf life but it also allows certain meals/meats/dessert items to be kept "on stock" so if there's a last minute social gathering, I can easily grab myself a turkey burger to go or a cupcake to take to the party.
If you have food allergies/issues/intolerances, ALWAYS keep "party food" items already cooked in your freezer to eliminate the need to make an entire meal before a social event, and will eliminate any stress especially if you find out about the event last minutes
TYPICAL ITEMS I FREEZE:
- Turkey Burgers - pre-made and ready to grill
- Spinach Stuffed Turkey Burgers - pre- made and ready to grill
- Turkey Meatballs - cooked
- Meatload Muffins - cooked
- Quinoa Crust Pizza
- GF DF Cupcakes
- GF DF Brownies
- GF DF Cookies
- Left Over Frosting
I only freeze fresh baked dessert items - this allows me to have a treat when I want and to avoid the isolating fact that when I go to a party - there is usually no dessert for me. This way, I can have my cake and eat it too :)
TIP TO OPTIMIZE FREEZER STORAGE AND PREVENT FREEZER BURN
- Wrap all items individually with Ceran Wrap
- Place all wrapped items in a Ziploc Freezer Storage Bag
- Eliminate ALL air from the bag
- Label the item with contents and the date
- Stack and store in the freezer for easy access
For MORE tips on how to store meats - check out my blog post here !
- Do you freeze prepared foods?
- Have you ever thought to freeze a dessert to save for later?