Tomato Topped Salmon
6 salmon filets defrosted (cook more or less according to your family size and want for leftovers)
1 large tomato sliced
Salt and Pepper to taste
(My dad hates 'green things' so I could not use these, but I think they'd enhance the dish!)
Mozzarella/Go Veggie "Cheese" (Optional)
1. Spray dish (I used a pyrex baking dish) with a bit of oil
- I didn't want any sticking/burning on the edges where the salmon was!
2. Turn oven on to broil high, make sure oven rack is close to the top
3. Pour a little bit of olive oil on EACH salmon filet, flip over and repeat
4. Season each salmon filet with salt and pepper (and any additional spices you prefer)
5. Broil salmon for 10 minutes, flip over and broil for another 8 minutes
6. Take salmon out of the oven, top with tomato slices, "cheese", and additional seasoning
7. Broil for three minutes, OR YOU WILL BURN THE CHEESE, I kind of did as you will see below...
Serve up this savory dish with a side of quinoa/GF pasta/zoodles and a veggie of your choice!
I made two variations of this dish, cause I was unsure if I would like it topped with "cheese".
My favorite lactose free cheese is Go Veggie brand, pictured here in the Parmesan, Mozarella, & Romano blend. It tastes almost just like the real thing but melts and stretches 100% like the real deal! As for cheese alternatives go, this is the best kind out there. I've tried a few others, and while I won't name brand bash, they were disgusting!