I love chicken. I could eat it every single day, and not get sick of it, ever. It's a lean protein, fills me up, is super versatile, but most importantly, it keeps my irate intestines in a jovial mood. Not everyone enjoys repetitious meals like I do, so I'm always looking for new easy ways to prep my chicken for the week and share with all of you!
Inspired by Freckled Nettle's instagram feed and her suggestion to use Tomato Paste, I concocted this Tomato Paste Skillet Chicken. It's so simple, it only takes two ingredients and can be tweaked to your taste!
Tomato Paste Skillet Chicken (for one, double, triple, etc. for how much you want left over!)
1 can of Tomato Paste (I used Hunt's)
1 tsp. Olive Oil
1 Defrosted Chicken Breast
1. Cut up chicken breast into strips/bite sized pieces
2. Add to bag, pour in 1 tsp. olive oil and tomato paste
(I did not measure my tomatoe paste, I just kept adding until the chicken was evenly coated to marinate in the bag)
3. Let marinate at least one hour, I let mine sit overnight, but not necessary!
4. Spray skillet, and heat to medium and add chicken with all the "paste marinade" from the bag
(at this point you can add more paste if you skimped on the marinade, but save some for later!)
5. Cook chicken 5-7 minutes each side
6. Chicken should become a bit crispy looking, as you can see in the photo
- Spaghetti Squash
- Brown Rice with Tomato Paste stirred in (Freckled Nettle's has this down to a science!)
- Your favorite pasta (GF)
- Like spices? Add oregano or basil to the dish, or BOTH to up the ante!
- Like heat? Add crushed red pepper flakes to the paste to bring some heat to the dish
- Add garlic/onion to the paste
- Use a pre seasoned tomato paste such as Hunt's Basil, Garlic & Oregano
- Serve on top of spaghetti squash
- Mix in with quinoa/brown rice with additional tomato paste and veggies for an Italian Bowl
- Top with Nutritional Yeast, Go Veggie, or Regular Cheese