Typically I bake my sweet potatoes in the oven or microwave, but tonight I switched things up a bit because I am going to be traveling tomorrow and figured it'd be easier to eat sweet potato bites at the airport with my chicken as opposed to just whipping out a whole one in the terminal...
With a little prep work for cutting and one extra ingredient only, these bites came perfectly baked out of the oven, just waiting to be tasted!
Sweet Potato Bites
Sweet Potato (or sweet potatoes, depends how much you want to make)
1 Tablespoon Coconut Oil (or use olive oil, canola oil, whichever you have on hand)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. Cut sweet potatoes in half, then into bite sized pieces. This is almost a work out in itself!
3. Put sweet potatoes in bag with melted coconut oil (or regular oil)
4. Shake to coat the sweet potatoes
5. Spray baking dish or pyrex dish with cooking spray or grease with oil again to prevent sticking
6. Bake for 15 minutes, stir them around with a spoon, allowing them to flip
7. Bake for 15-20 minutes more, checking to see if they are crispy on the outside but soft on the inside
- If making more than one sweet potato, your baking time will increase
- I did not salt or season my sweet potatoes, but I'm sure salt and pepper would taste good
- Let sweet potato bites cool completely before storing or else they will become soggy
- Reheat in a skillet to "recrisp" them back up!