Spinach Stuffed Burgers
2 lbs. Turkey or Beef ground meat (makes 6 burgers)
Spinach cooked, drained, AND COOLED
(use as much spinach as you prefer, my dad doesn't like it with a lot of spinach, I do, it depends on you, or your family's preference!)
Garlic Powder 2-3 shakes
1. Cook frozen spinach, drain out the water, let cool (otherwise you will cook the meat when mixing!)
- to speed up the cooling, I place mine in the freezer while I get my chop meat out and ceran wrap
2. Place ground meat in a bowl
3. Add garlic and pepper
4. Check spinach, if no longer hot, add in to meat mixture
5. Mix meat with your hands, then form into patties
6. Place in ceran wrap (which if you lay out on the counter ahead of time, it is way easier!)
7. Store in the fridge or freezer, or cook immediately
COOKING INSTRUCTIONS - Broiling
1. Put oven on Broil, make sure your rack is the closest to the top
2. Put burgers on broiler pan, line the bottom of the pan with aluminum foil to catch the fat
3. Cook on one side 10-12 minutes
4. Flip burgers over, cook another 10-12 minutes
ENJOY THE JUICY GOODNESS, that's also got veggies inside ;]
Over Easy Egg
- pictured above to pack on extra protein and juiciness
- simply mash or slice the avocado and add on top for a creamy texture and dose of healthy fat!
- a twist on the classic, mashed avocado plus bacon, lettuce, and tomato
Roasted Red Pepper
- goes great with the spinach stuffed burger, if you can eat cheese, add with mozzarella!
- saute them up and add on top to your burger or use a portobello mushroom as your bun!
Mix and match or try out some other topping ideas that I haven't been brave enough to try just yet:
- Pineapple (for a tropical burger)
- Peanut Butter - it's called the Goober Burger!
Comment with your favorite burger topping idea!
- Check out my post about breadless options for ideas what to use as a bun!