pumpkin and protein
Created on accident, this recipe was so delicious,
I almost thought about giving up my overnight oats and becoming the pancake princess.
Pumpkin Pie Protein Pancakes
1/3 Cup Oat Flour (grind up GF oats)
1 Scoop Vanilla Protein Powder*
Pumpkin Pie Spice to taste
Cinnamon to taste
1/4 Cup Pumpkin Puree
1/4 Cup Lactaid (or milk variety of your choice)
If you do not have oat flour, simply use a blender/food processor/grinder to turn GF Oats into Oat Flour
1. Mix wet ingredients together in a bowl
2. Mix in dry ingredients
3. Mix ingredients together well (the batter may still look grainy, but I promise they come out fluffy!)
4. Spray a skillet/pan with oil
5. Cook pancakes on low heat
*I used Vanilla Protein powder BUT Cinnamon or Pumpkin Pie Flavor would be wondrous!*
For me, I'm all about the 3 Ps - Peanut Butter, Pumpkin, & Protein
- Peanut Butter Pumpkin Fluff
- Pumpkin Fluff
- Peanut Butter Sauce
- Peanut Butter
- Maple Syrup
- Cocoa Sauce
To Make "Fluff" :
- Vanilla Greek Yogurt + Ingredient
(greek yogurt + pumpkin puree + PB2/Peanut Butter)
(greek yogurt + PB2/Peanut Butter)
To Make Sauce:
- Water + Cocoa Powder
- Water + PB2
sauce - water + cocoa
AND the toppings/spreads you can add to it are endless.
Who says you can't make your pie and eat it too?
- Do you love pumpkin? Seasonal or year round?
- Pancakes, yay or nay?
- What's your go to topping?