I am a very indecisive person, this week's meal prep variety stems from my inability to make a decision but I am pleased with the outcome :)
- Lazy Chicken Fingers - made into a few varieties * (see below for details)
- 1 Applesauce Baked Chicken Breast (an attempt at an oven version of my Crock pot version)
- 2 Lemon & Garlic Marinade Grilled Chicken Breasts
- 1 lb. of 94% Ground Turkey (seasoned with just Garlic Powder)
- Green Beans (frozen)
- Spinach (sauteed after being microwaved)
- "Coodles" (Cucumber Noodles)
I multi-tasked using my oven by cooking BOTH of these chicken types at the SAME time, simply use a BIG baking dish/pan, line with aluminum foil, then place your Apple Sauce Baked Chicken Breast in it's 'flavor pouch' to the side of the chicken fingers!
"Baked Chicken Fingers" - Flavor Varieties
Slice 1 chicken breast into thin cutlets/strips, I made these three types:
- Plain Chicken Finger - dip in gluten free bread crumbs - Gillian's is my FAVORITE
- "Cheesy" Chicken Finger - dip in gluten free bread crumbs & nutritional yeast
- Italian Chicken Finger - rub with Garlic & Herb seasoning
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees
- Line Baking Sheet/Pan with aluminum foil
- Place dipped/flavored chicken "fingers on foil
- Cook ten minutes one side, flip to the other
- Enjoy in your favorite dipping sauces :)
Apple Sauce Baked Chicken Breast
There is no measuring for this, I simply eye-balled it!
- 1 Chicken Breast
- Applesauce (No sugard added)
- Garlic (1 tsp. approx.)
- Sprinkle cinnamon all over chicken breast, rub in
- Rub garlic (about 1 tsp.) all over breast
- Pour apple sauce over chicken breast, rub in
- Make sure breast is coated on both sides, and is on top of at least a spoonful of applesauce
- Seal with an aluminum foil flavor pouch (simply wrap it up in aluminum foil, and seal it shut)
- Cook at 350 for 20 minutes, then an additional five if necessary!
(This is based on my Juicy Baked Chicken Method but at a little bit lower of the temperature so I could use the oven for my chicken "fingers" as well)
Tonight I took my Lazy Chicken Fingers and wrapped them in lettuce and tomato, with ketchup, like a chicken cutlet sandwich! If my bacon wasn't frozen, I would have cooked some up and made myself some Chicken BLT's.
Have a wonderful week!
Stay Happy & Healthy,