- 2 Garlic & Herb Seasoned Grilled Chicken Breasts (rub with seasoning, cooked on grill pan)
- 1 Lemon & Garlic Marinade Grilled Chicken Breast (marinate, cooked on grill pan)
- 1 Chicken "Soup" Broth Baked & Shredded Chicken* (see below for details)
- Green Beans
- Spaghetti Squash
- Spinach (Sauteed after microwave cooked)
- Chicken Soup/Broth with Diced Tomatoes, Carrots, & Sweet Potato
While prepping yesterday, I got a hankering for Chicken Noodle Soup, but didn't want to make a HUGE batch of it, just enough for a single serving or two. I also didn't feel like waiting all day for it to cook, so I got a bit creative in my preparation and literally just used whatever I had on hand. What was created turned out to be a bit more tomato based, chicken soup base, quick and easy!
Quick & Easy Broth Base
- 1 Can GF Low Sodium Chicken Broth (14.5 ounces)
- 1 Can Low Sodium Diced Tomatoes (use SOME of the tomato juice - about half)
- 1/2 Can of Water (I wanted to dilute the saltiness somewhat)
- Baby Carrots Chopped
- Sweet Potato Cubed
Chicken "Soup" Broth Baked & Shredded - Preheat Oven to 365
- 1 Chicken Breast
- 1/4 Cup of the above broth
(I literally took an almost empty diced tomato can, placed the chicken in there with some of the broth, about 1/4 cup and let it sit for ten minutes while I finished up something else. Not very gourmet, but hey remember I'm twenty three and I'm all about efficiency!)
- Cook using the Juicy Baked Chicken Method then shred and let sit in juices until ready to be used
Meal Ideas for the Week:
- Quick & Easy Chicken "Noodle" Soup": Shredded "Soup" Chicken, Broth Base, Spaghetti Squash, Spinach. Served with Quinoa on the side for my grains or added into the broth!
- Italian: Mix together: Garlic & Herb Grilled Chicken, Spaghetti Squash, Spinach + Seasoning + Can of Diced Tomatoes
- Grill Grub: Garlic & Herb Grilled Chicken, Spaghetti Squash, Green Beans, Beets, Quinoa + An Over Easy Egg cracked over the Grilled Chicken, mix into Spaghetti Squash
By adding an extra ingredient or two, or combining your prepped food, you can go from basic to gourmet in a matter of minutes! Dinner is done in under ten minutes, and it's delicious AND nutritious!