I'm here to help YOU simplify your lunch, so when you're packing it for work, school, or even at home, you have a healthy and satisfying choice that will help power you through your day!
Remember that everyone's dietary needs/restrictions are different, so this is just a loose guideline to follow. Eat what works best for you, and get creative with it!
Pick your protein base! Protein is what helps keep you feel full and satisfied longer! This is what you will keep consistent through out all your lunches.
-98% fat free, low sodium chicken breast cold cut is my go to, it's quick and easy and involves NO cooking on my part, cooking for dinner is enough work for me!
- lean meats : grilled chicken, salmon, ground turkey etc. if you have the time to cook and prepare
- for my vegetarians/vegans: tofu or beans!
- eggs: fried, hard boiled, scrambled!
Get crafty with whatever ingredients you have on hand to "spice up" your protein base
- Make a sandwich or a wrap - switch up the toppings you use daily to make it different!
- Make a breadless sandwich - alternate with different breadless options !
- Make a salad
- Toss together your protein with some fresh veggies
- Eat your protein by itself
- Add spices/dressing of your choice, a different one for each day of the week
Make it colorful The more color, the better! Vary up your lunch by opting for different fruits and veggies through out the week. Mushroom Monday, Tomato Tuesday, Watermelon Wednesday, you get the picture. Even alternating between two types, for me that is usually an apple or an orange during the week helps keep things different!
Starch vs. No starch Everyone's bodies are different, in order to stay full and satisfied some people need a starch while others don't. Sometimes I need to have a starch with my lunch, other times I don't. Depends on my activity level for the day, when I plan on working out, etc. Whatever the case, keep the same premise for your protein base and pick a starch base, remember, the less thinking the better! If you like quinoa or brown rice, make a big batch of it on Sundays and then use it through out the week for your lunch. If you're making a sandwich or wrap, use that as your starch, just select a healthy option (which means no white!) Sweet potato is also another starch, but I prefer to save those for bad boys my dinner!
Stay happy, healthy AND stress free <3