Which is why I felt the need to share it IMMEDIATELY, despite the fact I have 40 other saved blog post drafts, I am presenting you with THIS super easy, super delicious recipe I crafted up yesterday. Naturally gluten free and dairy free, it's sure to be a crowd favorite! I was so surprised at how flavorful it was, I actually went into dinner preparing myself to "suck it up" and "eat it anyway" since I planned on not liking it...instead I wish I made more!
Juicy, Flavorful, Moist, Quick this Kickin' Baked Chicken gives my Juicy Baked Chicken and No Grill "Grilled" Chicken a run for their money. So without further adieu, here it is:
Defrosted Chicken Breasts (2)
Lime Juice (bottled kind is fine!)
1 tsp. Chili Powder
1 tsp. Garlic Powder
4 tsp. Brown Sugar
1. Marinate defrosted Chicken
Breasts in Lime Juice for 4-8 hours
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
3. Line a baking sheet or pan with
foil (no clean up!)
4. Mix together Chili Powder, Garlic
Powder, and Brown Sugar
5. Place Chicken on foil, rub HALF
of the seasoning mixture on one
6. Bake for 20 minutes
7. Flip, use remaining mixture on the
other side, bake another 5-10
minutes, depending on how cooked the chicken was when you flipped it!
8. Optional: Add some lime juice on top once the chicken has finished baking
- Baking time MAY vary a bit, depending on the thickness of
your chicken breasts AND your oven, so adjust accordingly
- Double the seasoning amounts if using four breasts
- IF you like spice, add more chili powder
- Serve this with lime infused rice
(rice + cooked in water with lime juice)
- Not into chicken? Make it with fish! Or Tofu!
- Baked Chicken, yay or nay? I'm usually nay, but with this recipe it's a double YAY!
- Rubs, Marinades, or Seasonings?
- What's your go to flavor combo?