And it's delicious too!
Although I am a self-proclaimed carb-o-holic, I won't eat a meal unless I've got a gargantuan amount of greens to go with it, and protein, I'm all about the protein. I've been obsessed with my Quinoa Crust but I needed a way to incorporate my greens and protein into my pizz, so Grilled Chicken Salad Pizza was created!
The title is long, but it was too hard to omit any bit of this tasty gluten free and dairy free goodness! This recipe is flexible, and can be made with whatever green base you prefer and topped with all your favorite salad fixings, I just chose what I got fresh this week at the Farmer's Market.
1 Grilled Balsamic Chicken Breast (*see below for instructions*)
1 Quinoa Pizza Crust
Base Greens of Your Choice (Fresh Spinach, Kale, Spring Mix, Etc.)
Balsamic Vinegar (ensure that your brand is gluten free)
Olive Oil to Drizzle
Spices of your choice: Basil (fresh/dried), Oregano, Crush Red Pepper
1. Make quinoa crust pizza, or defrost pre-prepped and frozen quinoa crust
2. Top pizza crust with bed of greens
3. Drizzle Balsamic Vinegar, Olive Oil, and any spices across bed of greens
(This prevents your crust from becoming soggy!)
4. Add additional greens, tomato slices, and any other salad toppings
5. Slice cooked and partially cooled grilled chicken, add on top
6. Sprinkle with shredded mozzarella/Go Veggie Rice Mozzarella Shreds
7. Add additonal dressing if desired
Grilled Balsamic Chicken
1 Defrosted and Cut into Strips Chicken Breast
- Balsamic Vinegar + 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil + 1 tsp. Minced Garlic
- Ken's Balsamic Vinaigrette (gluten free)
- Balsamic Dressing of Your Choice
1. Cut chicken into strips, add to bag with marinade, let sit for at least four hours
2. Grill chicken on a grill, with a grill pan, or use my No Grill Method
OR use my Juicy Baked Chicken Method and then shred the cooked chicken
3. Let chicken cool a bit, cut up, and then add to your Salad Pizza
- Additional Salad Ideas to top your pizza with:
- Bell Peppers (Red, Green, Orange, Yellow)
- Red Roasted Peppers
- Fresh Basil
- Chia Seeds/Flax Seeds
Use chickpeas/kidney beans/tofu/tempeh instead!
- I prefer this served cold, so I chilled mine in the fridge
- Keep the Balsamic and Oil out for extra dipping!