1. Many restaurants do not have a separate fryer apart from gluten containing foods, so the fries are contaminated
2. Most pre-packaged fries are not gluten free/have way too many ingredients in them I cannot pronounce
3. I am very lazy and it's tough work to cut up a potato and make your own fries!
SO, to satisfy my craving in a safe and simple way, I bring you
GREEN BEAN "FRIES," tastes like french fries but add a serving of veggies to your meal, now that's what I'm talkin' about.
The perfect addition to any summer BBQ meal!
Green Bean "Fries"
Cooked Fresh or Frozen Green Beans (you want them soft before broiling)
Broil Pan or Aluminum Foil
Optional Seasonings : Pepper, Salt, Garlic
1. Turn Broiler to High
2. Spray broil pan or Aluminum Foil with cooking spray
3. Add green beans (I used no seasoning)
4. Broil 7-10 minutes, depending on how much you're making
5. After first round, flip green beans over, cook an additional 5 minutes
6. Check green beans, want them crispier, add more time!
Serve on the side as your healthy fries :)