(If you follow me on instagram, you probably already know this)
My love for carbs in specific, focuses on complex carbohydrates. They help fuel my body and satisfy that crunch craving I always seem to be having....
This is why I LOVE granolas that have an oat base and a minimal ingredient list. Enter one of my new found favorite contenders: Glutenfreeda Granola! All of their granolas are made from certified gluten free oats, are a great source of fiber and are fortified with flax seeds, which are known to be high in Omega-3 fatty acids! Each box has four travel size packs, which make it the perfect snack to throw in your bag for when
you're on the go! I chose to review Apple Almond Honey, but it also comes in two other flavor options: Cranberry Cashew Honey & Raisin Almond. I couldn't wait to get my crunch on thanks to Heidi at Glutenfreeda but I wouldn't be Amber if there wasn't a debacle of some sort while trying to open the package...
Naturally, I was too lazy to use a scissor, so I used my teeth and hands to tear open the travel sized package. Well, I opened the bag and the granola took flight all over my kitchen counter, my lap, and the floor. And you bet, there I was, eating it off all of those surfaces, because it would have been an OATCRY to waste such deliciousness!
- gluten-free oats, almonds, brown sugar, canola oil, apples, honey, flax seeds, vanilla, cinnamon
Honey taste through out, mainly single pieces of oats, almonds, and bits of apple, with a few defiant clusters, held together with the sweetness of honey.
I was originally expecting whole sized almonds from the title but the almonds were in small slivers, which I liked a lot better! Each bite was the perfect medley of honey and apple flavor, neither one over powered the other. All bits in this granola were of equal size, which I LOVE, I hate when there's too many "things" and shapes in my granola, I think it takes away from the taste.
Personally, I like to munch on a handful of granola here and there through out the day...what can I say I love crunch and carbs
- Add on top of greek yogurt
- Add to your protein shake
- Add on top/into smoothies
- Add/Mix into your overnight oats
- Add/Mix into your hot oatmeal
- Add to your favorite cereal for extra crunch
- Spread some nut butter on a rice cake & sprinkle this on
- Make a fruit, granola, & greek yogurt parfait
- Keep in your bag as a go to snack
- Pretty much, where ever you want crunch, add this!
- What's your constant craving? Crunchy? Sweet? Salty? Savory? Creamy?
- Are you a fan of granola?