I noticed when cooking my eggwhites in the microwave, they took the shape of the bowl rather well, which resembled the size of a personal pan size pizza....A light bulb went off in my head, why not use egg whites as the base of a personal sized pizza? Egg whites were thick enough to resemble the dough of my favorite Sicilian style and have a pretty bland taste, which meant with the right toppings, "pizza" could be created!
5 Tablespoons of Egg Whites*
Tomato Paste/Tomato Puree/Your Favorite Red Sauce
Cheese/Go Veggie Mozzarella Flavor Shreds
Optional Pizza Toppings: Spinach/Kale, Mushrooms, Olives, Meatball Pieces, Pepperoni, Peppers, etc.
Optional Seasoning Add Ins for your Tomato Paste/Puree: Garlic, Basil, Oregano, Italian Seasoning
If you want a larger pizza, I suggest using a skillet, and 7-10 Tablespoons of Eggwhites *
1. Pour egg whites into bowl/greased skillet
2. If microwave cooking, cook in 30-40 second intervals, if skillet cooking, cook until a solid "pizza" shape forms. Be careful if you try and flip it over, you could break your pizza!
3. Heat your choice of sauce
4. Once egg white pizza is cooked, put on a plate, cover with sauce and cheese and any other pizza toppings you desire
5. The cheese will melt from the heat of the sauce and eggwhites, cover with a microwave lid if your cheese isn't melting
(My cheese is not melted in the photos because I ate it too fast to photograph it, hungry girl problems!)
- Are you a pizza lover?
- What's your favorite topping?
- What's the ONE food you miss and haven't been able to find a substitute/replication of if you have food allergies/intolerances/issues?
- Pizza: better hot or cold as leftovers? (If you know me, you know my answer!)