2 Ripe Avocados (my first batch I only used one, but immediately made a second batch after, it was THAT good)
1/2 Cup Honey
1/4 Cup Cocoa Powder (I use Hershey's)
1 tsp. Vanilla
1 Tbsp. Coconut Oil (optional, I had it so I used it)
1. Cut avocados in half, remove the pits, and scoop out the flesh
2. Place all ingredients into food processor, whiz for 3-5 minutes
3. Store in an air tight container - must be refrigerated or frozen
- Other internet recipes will say that if you freeze this, it turns into ice cream. Being the ice cream lover that I am, I put mine in the freezer hoping to replicate the soft-churned consistency a fresh pint of Perry's or Breyer's embodies, only to discover instead a semi-hard block of chocolate. BUT, when spooned into your mouth, the chocolate avocado melted instantly, and in a bowl defrosts pretty quickly. I actually keep mine in the freezer because I like a cold spoonful here and there, but it is still not the same consistency as ice cream. When frozen you can also add it to smoothies as a thickener, chocolate flavor, and a dose of healthy fat!
- Keeping it in the fridge will make it have a thick pudding consistency, in which you can it eat by itself, on top of fruit, use as a "frosting", or whatever else you think of!
Now go treat yourself with some chocolatey goodness!