I buy cucumbers weekly, they're 99 cents a piece and a great way for me to get some cold crunch in with my lunch or as a snack through out the day. Then it dawned on me, why not try and make a NOODLE out of a cucumber?!
BEHOLD, THE COODLE WAS BORN! Just in time for all your summer pasta salads!
Swap out real noodles and replace them with coodles, a healthier alternative !
The video below shows a Demo - I own the Paderno Word Cuisine Tri Blade Plastic Spiralizer
1. Peel the cucumber to remove all skin (using regular peeler)
2. Cut off the ends of the cucumber
3. Place onto Spiralizer, and crank that handle!
4. May pat dry with a paper towel, store in a tupperware container and eat through out the week!
ENJOY OODLES OF NOODLES, AT A WALLET FRIENDLY PRICE :)
And scope out my Recipe Guest Post on Cat Smiley's Blog for a Coodles PowerBowl
- Coodles can be kept fresh by being stored in an airtight tupperware container
- Best served chilled or at room temperature!
- I have NOT cooked my coodles, I did heat them in the microwave once, they became a bit too watery
- Serve with olive oil, salt, and pepper
- Sprinkle bread crumbs on top
- Add nutritional yeast
- PERFECT for summer pasta salads, ditch the pasta and use coodles
- Potential idea for a "coleslaw" base?
- What's your favorite noodle type? Pasta? Alternative?
- Do you have a grocery item you LOVE but HATE the price of?