Before starting, clear your kitchen workspace, this dish takes a lot of room since you have three dipping bowls, and a baking tray! Also, I did not provide measurements for how much flour or bread crumbs you need because I add as I go, if you put too much flour or bread crumbs in your work bowls and contaminate it with raw chicken, then you can't put it back! So, to save product, cause we all know gluten free pantry items are not cheap, start with a small amount of flour and bread crumbs in each bowl and add as you go along!
2-3 chicken breasts defrosted and cut into "nuggets"
(you can also make them into tender sized as well!)
1 bowl of gluten free bread crumbs - Gillian's is my FAVORITE
1 bowl of flour (gluten free all purpose is what I use, but you can use your preference)
2 eggs beaten in a bowl
1. Preheadt oven to 350 degrees
2. Decide if you want tenders or nuggets for your chicken, cut accordingly
3. Set up your three work bowls: flour, bread crumbs, and two beaten eggs
4. Dredge each strip of chicken in the following order
I sing this on repeat so I don't forget while dredging all my pieces, I'm not kidding, ask my roommates
5. Repeat the process for all nuggets/tenders
6. Grease the baking sheet with spray or rub with olive oil, or use parchment paper
7. Bake your nuggets/tenders in the oven for 10-15 minutes, take them out and turn them over
8. Bake your nuggests/tenders for another 10-15 minutes until they have reached a nice golden brown
TAKE THEM OUT OF THE OVEN AND REJOICE IN THEIR GLORY, pair with your favorite dipping sauce
- Don't have gluten free bread crumbs? Crush up corn chex or rice chex for a nice crunchy coating
- When reheating these, DO NOT MICROWAVE, they will become soggy, pop them in the oven under the broiler to crisp them up
- These are not really meal prep "friendly", I do not think they would freeze well and they don't last very long in the refrigerator since they retain moisture as the days go on.