With my dad's go to motto in mind, "Improvise, Adapt, Overcome" I got to thinking in the kitchen and came up with this:
Two Ingredient "Cheese" Dip
1 small (6 oz) plain greek yogurt container
(Brand Options: Red Star*, Braggs, Bob's Red Mill, and others!)
*is produced in a facility where wheat is manufactured, so super sensitive Celiacs, use another brand!
1. Open small greek yogurt container OR serve yourself desired amount of plain greek yogurt
2. Add Nutritional Yeast
(as much or as little as you want, I do NOT measure, I use A LOT, probably 2 Tbsp. worth, at least!)
3. STIR until yogurt and yeast become one thicker consistency!
4. Enjoy as a veggie dip, spread on your sandwich, or eat it straight up with a spoon!
Optional Add Ins Up the Ante with your Cheese
- Red Pepper Flakes
- WHATEVER THE HECK YOU WANT!
- If you cannot eat greek yogurt, try this with a dairy free/lactose free yogurt! It may not become as thick, but it will still get the cheesy flavor!
- Make a big batch and save it in an airtight container to enjoy cheesy goodness through out the week!
AND I'm trying out something new with the blog, for more interaction with all of YOU my fabulous readers who I love, a question section at the bottom, feel free to reply or share other thoughts!
- Do you use Nutritional Yeast? If so, for what?
- What's your go to dip? It can be a healthy swapportunity or not!