This weekend I braved the icy cold temperatures to hit up my local farmer's market, and scored some extra sweet deals on items I never typically buy for myself, but who could say no to 4 for a 1$ Red Peppers and Zucchini! The result was quite the rainbow array of prepped veggies! With such an overhaul, I had to figure out WHAT to do with all my produce and HOW to prepare it:
- Roasted Red Peppers - sliced to add in to meals
- Sweet Potatoes
- Zoodles (Zuchinni Noodles - click the pink for how)
- Spaghetti Squash
- Zucchini Chips (roasted zucchini rounds)
- Green Bean "Fries"
- Cucumbers - sliced for lunch every day
- Quinoa - I typically make a week's worth at a time
Ideas for Use
- Toss in red pepper slices to any meat stir fry
- Make omelettes with red pepper slices and kale
- Italian Spaghetti Squash Skillet
- Zoodles as the base of your Easy Pad Thai Chicken or Balsamic Chicken Bowl
- Zoodles or Spaghetti Squash to pair with Meatballs
Since my veggie prep was so extensive, I kept my meat basic with a week's worth of
No Grill "Grilled" Chicken plus an omelette night added in for the week!
- What's on your menu for the week?
- Do you have a veggie you love, but don't love the price of?
- Zoodles or Spaghetti Squash?
- Omlettes, yay or nay?