It's easy, gluten free, IBS friendly, and can be made with ingredients you have on hand!
As most of my recipes - the vegetables and protein used within the dish can be substituted for whatever suits your palate or dietary needs.
Chicken Teriyaki Vegetable Noodle Bowl
Cut Up Chicken into Strips (Use 2-4 breasts for left overs!)
2-4 Bell Peppers - colors of your choice (I chose red)
Sugar Snap Peas
1 -2 Cucumbers - spiralized into noodles* aka Coodles
Gluten Free Teriyaki Sauce
Sesame Seeds - optional garnish
Quinoa/Brown or White Rice as a side grain to mix in
*You can opt to use vermicelli noodles, zucchini noodles, rice noodles or actual pasta*
1. Cut up chicken into strips (or chunks if you prefer)
2. Marinate chicken in Teriyaki Sauce/Teriyaki Marinade for at least two hours - I did mine overnight
3. Cook your desired vegetables (I simply microwaved my sugar snap peas and green beans)
4. In a skillet, saute red peppers that have been cut into strips, place to the side and keep warm
5. In that skillet, fry an egg, mixing the yoke and then mix in the sautéed peppers and cooked veggies of your choice
6. Cook chicken in a separate skillet, use higher heat so it gets crispy/brown
7. Flip chicken after seven minutes, cook the other side, cook until desired crispy/brownness
7. Spiralize your cucumber noodles or cook your noodle of choice
8. Once chicken is cooked through, add it to the same skillet with the eggs, peppers, and veggies. Cook on low, until well mixed, add more sauce with a pinch of water if needed
9. Toss over cucumber noodles and sprinkle with sesame seeds
If you're strange like me, this is DELICIOUS eaten cold...I actually made all of it, let it get to room temperature, then put it in the fridge to enjoy later as "cold leftovers" And I sprinkled some PB2 powder in it.
- Cucumber Noodles can be a bit wet, so after spiralizing, simply dab the noodles with a paper towel to soak up extra water OR leave as is, and it will mix with your meal for a light sauce!
- Meat Options/Substitutes: Shrimp, Beef Strips, Pork, Tofu, Tempeh
- Veggie Options: Broccoli, Baby Corn, Cabbage, Mushrooms, Water Chestnuts
- IF storing as leftovers, do NOT store with cucumber noodles, it will become too soggy
- I mixed in a bit of quinoa and then ate the rest on the side so I was still getting my starch in for the meal!
- Do you like take out? Favorite kind?
- Cold food or hot food?
- What is your favorite take out dish you've "faked out" to make gluten free or meet your dietary needs?