SO with the use of some left over quinoa, an egg, teriyaki sauce, and veggies Lazy "Fried" Quinoa was born, and it's a favorite of mine to pump up the protein content of any of my Asian flavored dishes!
Lazy "Fried" Quinoa - so lazy you don't even need to measure & you can use whatever you have on hand
Quinoa already cooked
(I always have left over quinoa in my fridge, make as much or as little as you want!)
1 extra large egg (Eggland's best is my brand of choice)
GF Teriyaki Sauce to taste (1 Tablespoon)
Veggies - cooked already
(I suggest green beans, snap peas, baby corn, water chestnuts, mushrooms, etc.)
1. In a skillet crack one egg, allow it to cook for 2-3 minutes before scrambling it up
2. Once egg is cooked, add in quinoa and veggies (that have already been cooked) of your choice
3. Mix around so that quinoa is evenly dispersed for 1 minute
4. Add Teriyaki Sauce to your taste liking - 1 Tablespoon is a good starting point
5. Stir to ensure you evenly mix up your sauce with the "fried" quinoa mixture
6. Cook on low to medium heat for less than 5 minutes, you're just warming it up essentially
Easy as 1, 2, 3, pair your protein and veggie rich side with Teriyaki Salmon/Shrimp or Chicken Teriyaki Stir Fry
- Use my recipe as a base line for your own version of Lazy "Fried" Quinoa, add in whatever veggies you had on hand or you prefer!
- Veggie suggestions : green beans, snap peas, baby corn, water chestnuts, mushrooms, broccoli, bok choy, carrots, the possibilities are endless!
- Decide on your own serving size, I always use left over quinoa so I never measure
- Mix your "fried quinoa" with your meal, I sometimes cook my salmon and then add it to the pan with the "fried" quinoa